PORT CHESTER, NY – Time is running out to put your spring fever to good use as classes begin soon.
Looking to get creative this spring? You can focus on clay in one of the Clay Art Center’s adult or youth spring classes, May 1 through June 18. Whether you are a beginner or quite experienced, courses in hand building, wheel throwing and special subjects are planned. There are several multi-week and one-time adult and youth courses to choose from.
Youth course (10-16 years old)
- Award-winning multi-week courses starting May 1, including ‘Clay for Tweens’ (10-12 years old) and ‘Clay for Teens’ (13-16 years old).
- The unique “Saturday Clay” classes will give parents/guardians and their children the chance to explore their inner artists in a 2 hour introduction to clay. These classes will be offered every other Saturday from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. until June 18.
- Unique “Family Wheel Night” classes will allow parents/guardians and their children (aged 10+) to learn how to use the potter’s wheel. These classes will take place every other Saturday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. until June 18.
- A great way to help advance your hand building and wheel throwing skills. Available on a more flexible schedule for individuals and small groups.
Parties for adults and young people
- A fun creative event for groups of friends and/or family. Several hand-crafting or wheel-throwing projects (ages 10+) will be offered to party attendees to craft pieces that will be fired and ready to collect at a later date.
- Adult Parties: Host a birthday party, team-building exercise, or a visit with friends.
- Kids (ages 6 to teens): Plan a birthday party, Boy Scout reunion, school event, or weekly play date.
You can find additional information and register for all courses here. For more information on available scholarships for students, you can email.
Clay Art Center is a nationally recognized non-profit center for the advancement and practice of the ceramic arts offering clay classes for adults and children, studios for clay artists, programs for outreach in the community, exhibits and a boutique. It is located in the heart of Port Chester at 40 Beech Street, Port Chester, NY 10573. Visit their website to learn more.